Air Care Heating & Cooling COVID-19 Protocols
As the COVID-19 shelter in place orders have been lifted for contractors, we at Air Care Heating & Cooling are now taking the following precautions as we provide heating and cooling services to our community:
To keep our community, clients and employees safe, when booking calls we will be asking all calling clients:
- Have you or anyone in your household had a fever within the past 24-48 hours?
- Have you or anyone in your household traveled outside of the county or state within the past 14 days?
If any of the above criteria are met, it is our policy that we reschedule this appointment for a later date.
To avoid cross contamination as we travel between homes, each technician will arrive with:
- A brand new mask
- A fresh set of gloves
- A fresh set of boot covers
Aside from those precautions, we also have a No Contact Policy.
With our No Contact Policy:
Our technicians will no be entering your home, unless absolutely necessary
- Most air conditioning units are located outside. In the event that your unit is located inside of your home, we will ask for permission to enter ahead of time, we will ask for you to open all doors for our technician and if our technician comes in contact with surfaces in your home, they will be sure to wipe them down with a disinfectant wipe.
- We ask that our scheduled clients have an electronic device on-hand.
- All of our invoicing and findings reports that our technicians generate in the field are all done on an electronic device that we usually share with our clients. To help slow the spread, we ask that our scheduled clients have an electronic device on-hand so that our technicians are able to review their invoice and findings reports with our clients without making contact.
At Air Care Heating & Cooling, we are following all health and hygiene recommendations made by the CDC. Our team is available to answer any questions or concerns that you may have. Call 408-463-6957 or request service online today.